Why Luminate Broadband?
Why fiber internet?
Because we can bring you internet at the speed of light! Fiber internet is internet provided over glass strands that carry data using light waves instead of the traditional copper wires. The result is that fiber is faster and more reliable. Our Why Fiber page has more detailed information.
Are there teaser rates, data caps, throttling and other shenanigans?
No. Just no. We don’t do teaser rates, data caps, throttling or any other shenanigans.
Are there any other fees?
Glad you asked. There is a $50 installation fee, an $8.95 per month modem rental, and those pesky taxes and fees that we have to collect for various entities. Non-standard installs may incur additional charges.
We also collect $150 when scheduling your install. Fifty dollars is for an equipment deposit and $100 will be credited to your first bill.
Do you offer cable TV or cell phone service?
We do not offer cable TV, however if you have a smart TV you can utilize your internet connection to stream live television. There are a variety of streaming services available for purchase and for free. Cell phone service is not available, but we are able to provide a land line or transfer over your current landline service.
How do I disconnect service?
Do you have a seasonal rate for second homeowners or extended vacations?
We do! There is a Seasonal Rate change fee of $50 to move to the seasonal rate of $19.95 per month. A $50 fee will also be charged to go back to original speed and monthly charge amount. There is a 6 month minimum and a 12 month maximum to be on the seasonal rate.
You may request our seasonal rate here.
How do I create a Smarthub account and make payments?
How do I change my Wi-Fi name and password?
How do I maximize my speed and troubleshoot?
What is the deal with 10 digit dialing?
Great question. We’ve answered that here.
How fast is fast?
- Online Gaming – No more game lag, slow ping rates or spotty connections.
- Streaming Video – Enjoy buffer-free streaming of your favorite shows, even when streaming multiple shows on multiple devices. Also, 4k streaming, which uses 4-5 times as much data as 1080p, will be just as fast.
- Data Backup – Because our network has symmetrical download and upload speeds, your data backups will be noticeably quicker.
- Multiple Users – Our network can handle (just about) as many simultaneous users as you can throw at it.
What speed do I need?
It depends! Check out our Home Internet page for recommendations.
Why is my speed slower than expected?
Great question. Slower than expected speeds can be caused by a lot of issues.
- How close are you to the Gateway? Wi-fi speeds degrade over distance.
- Speaking of Wi-Fi – you will not get your highest speed unless you are plugged directly into the Gateway. Our Gateways can deliver approximately 500 Mbps over Wi-Fi.
- How is your equipment? Most older (and some newer) hardware is not capable of testing 1Gbps speeds.
When can I get service and what is the process?
We are continually building out our network and we are currently installing service for new customers. You may search your address to see if we are currently servicing your property or you can always contact us.
The process is pretty simple. Once determined that we can service your property at this time, you will fill out an online form and we’ll call to set up scheduling. There’s a little bit more paperwork after the install, but then you’ll be on super fast internet!
How do you install it to my house?
That depends! We have two ways to get gig speed to your house: fiber to the home or a short distance wireless solution. Your home will receive whichever type we have designed for your area. Either way, there will be a box attached to your house and a fiber line run through your wall to one of our modems inside your house.